Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bracket Analysis, Play-in Game Pick, and Final NIT Update

63/65- Picked Correctly
35/65- Seeded Correctly
58/65- Within One Seed Line

I missed on Oregon and South Alabama. The two teams that I had in that missed were Illinois St. and Arizona St. who were my last two teams in so I am not real surprised there. South Alabama was my first team out and I had them in until Georgia won. The Jaguars were the only team I felt really bad about keeping out and I almost did keep them in instead of Illinois St. but deciding factor for me was conference RPI which Illinois St. won. Illinois St. also made its conference tournament final while South Alabama didn't but I'm just really splitting hairs there. I was pretty surprised that Oregon made it and especially surprised that they got as high a seed as they did, they were my fourth team out but I'm guessing the committee believed the Pac-10 to be strong this year. Arizona St.'s OOC SOS was probably the main reason Oregon and Arizona got in ahead of the Sun Devils.

Play-in Game Pick: Mount St. Mary's over Coppin St.

NIT
1- Arizona St., Ohio St., Syracuse, Virginia Tech
2- UMass, Illinois St., VCU, Dayton
3- New Mexico, Ole Miss, Florida, Maryland
4- UAB, Minnesota, Houston, Florida St.
5- Wake Forest, Southern Illinois, Creighton, Rhode Island
6- Nebraska, Charlotte, Cal, Oklahoma St.
7- Texas Tech, SFA, Utah St., UCSB
8- UNC Asheville, Robert Morris, Morgan St., Alabama St.

Others- Wright St., Seton Hall, Akron, Miami OH, Nevada, Washington, Ohio, UNC Wilmington, IUPUI, New Mexico St., Cleveland St.

4- ACC, A-10
3- Big 12, MVC
2- Pac-10, Big Ten, SEC, C-USA
1- Big East, CAA, Mt. West, Southland, WAC, Big West, Big South, NEC, MEAC, SWAC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home